Query regarding adding support aes-cbc-hmac-sha1 on non x86 platform through engine

Phani 2004 phani2004 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 06:20:18 UTC 2020

Hi Team,

I am trying to add support on an hardware engine for aes-cbc-hmac-sha1. I
have observed that currently aes-cbc-hmac-sha1 is supported only for x86
architecture.
"EVP_aes_128_cbc_hmac_sha1" api returns NULL for non-x86 platforms. The
openssl speed app calls the "EVP_get_cipherbyname" call when it tries to
parse the given arguments.
It calls the above API and it returns NULL for the non-x86 platforms.
How do we enable/add support for aes-cbc-hmac-sha1 on non-x86 platforms. I
mean in the release version and not some local changes in my copy.
Is this on the roadmap? I am currently using openssl-1.1.1a version.

Regards
Phani