Goodbye

Salz, Rich rsalz at akamai.com
Fri Jul 3 12:51:19 UTC 2020

  *   topic: Change some words by accepting PR#12089

  *

  *   4 against, 3 for, no absensions

I am at a loss for words.

I can’t contribute to a project that feels this way.  The OMC (list at [1], a picture of some of them at [2] although it includes non-OMC members) is, in my view, on the wrong side of history. I hope that in time, the four men who voted against it will develop more – what, empathy? – and that sometime in the future this PR [3], or similar, will be merged.  Until then, I will do what I have to in order to insure that Akamai’s needs for FIPS are met and once 3.0 is released, I will be fully applying my modest talents elsewhere.

[1] https://www.openssl.org/community/omc.html
[2] https://www.openssl.org/blog/blog/2019/05/23/f2f-committers-day/
[3] https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/12089