DTLS Heartbeat Removed in OpenSSL 1.1.1

Vijayakumar Kaliaperumal vkaliape at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 17:32:07 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am just following up with my earlier mail as I did not get an answer.   I
now understand that the heartbeat mechanism is completely removed
in OpenSSL 1.1.1,  whereas it's still available in gnuTLS.   So I do not
understand why it was removed from OpenSSL
Having your own keepalive mechanism(at application level) the only way
forward ?  I am still looking for some answers.    Can someone throw some
light on it ?

Regards,
Vijay