Generate opensslconf.h - openssl 1.0.2 vs openssl 1.1.1g

prudvi raj rajprudvi98 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 19:28:49 UTC 2020

Hello,

--- Re : OPENSSLDIR in openssl 1.1.1---
I have successfully generated opensslconf.h  ,
(used make , not make...opensslconf.h - had to generate other .h files as
well).

Upon comparing contents of opensslconf.h from 1.0.2 & 1.1.1 , i see that:

"OPENSSLDIR" is #define 'ed in opensslconf.h in 1.0.2 & not in 1.1.1.
Now, i got the error :
<my project path>/openssl/crypto/x509/x509_def.c: In function
'X509_get_default_private_dir':
<my project path>/ openssl/crypto/x509/x509_def.c:17:12: error:
'OPENSSLDIR' undeclared (first use in this function)

Although , the log of "make" showed  OPENSSLDIR as "/usr/local/ssl" , which
is default . I couldn't find where this is #define 'ed.

May I know , where it's defined in openssl 1.1.1g  or how this error can be
resolved. ?

Thanks,
-Prud