freefunc - name clash with Python.h

Jordan Brown openssl at jordan.maileater.net
Mon Jun 15 06:07:20 UTC 2020

On 6/14/2020 2:54 AM, Dr. Matthias St. Pierre wrote:
> I don't see any reason to change our code, IMHO the clash is Python's
> fault: it declares a global typedef with a short name that has no
> python-specific prefix.

That is indeed rude, but the symbol could equally well have been
introduced by the application's header file rather than a library header
file, or the application could be compiled with -Dfreefunc=xxx.

Supplying names for the arguments in function prototypes makes them
easier to read, but risks namespace problems.

--
Jordan Brown, Oracle ZFS Storage Appliance, Oracle Solaris