server key exchange signature behavior

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu Jun 25 17:32:22 UTC 2020

s_client should be verifying the signature.[1] That is, it should be verifying every signature that's part of the actual TLS protocol. I admit it's not entirely clear to me which signature isn't being verified successfully by your client.

[1] I'm not sure "validate" is the proper term here, technically speaking. In my experience, the literature usually uses "verify" for confirming a signature. "Validate" is generally used for more complex protocols, such as certificate validation, which involves a large number of steps with various types of checks.

--
Michael Wojcik
Distinguished Engineer, Micro Focus