Error building OpenSSL-1.1.1g

mhkelley2017 at gmail.com mhkelley2017 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:14:46 UTC 2020

Thanks.

But apparently you missed one of my earlier posts.

I have a fair bit of experience building apps from source.  My general
experience is that the instructions provided are nearly correct, but that
the user must do a little tweaking of the process - presumably because the
underlying process is quite complex and depends a *very many* case-specific
system configuration details.  Hence, I am quite comfortable debugging most
installation processes to get them to work.

Following your suggestion, I get (and reported) the following result:

------------

Configuring OpenSSL version 1.1.1g (0x1010107fL) for mingw64

Using os-specific seed configuration

**

This perl implementation doesn't produce Unix like paths (with forward slash

directory separators).  Please use an implementation that matches your

building platform.

This Perl version: 5.28.0 for MSWin32-x64-multi-thread

**

So clearly, either 1) you have done something different from just enter the
configure command, or 2) I have something in my programming environment that
is different from yours.

I'm simply trying to figure out one of those differences.

Mike