OpenSSL 1.1.1g test failures

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Fri Jun 26 21:13:20 UTC 2020

On Fri, 26 Jun 2020 16:01:09 +0200,
David Harris wrote:
> Is there a standard (i.e, approved) way of using the static RTLs instead of the
> DLL ones? Or is my only option to modify the applink code so that it checks its
> environment in a different way? The problem with the dynamic RTLs is that my
> application is often used in environments where the user may not have sufficient
> rights to install the redistributables - whereas, if I use the static versions, the
> code is a little bigger, but there's no redistributable installation required and I
> never run into rights issues.

The standard way of getting /MT is to configure 'no-shared', i.e. not
produce DLLs.

    perl Configure VC-WIN64A no-shared

However, if the main issue is *your* application, then the simplest
way is to link with the static library, regardless of configuration.
We do produce alongside static libraries alongside the DLLs since
1.1.1: libcrypto_static.lib.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org