set/get utilities are not available to access variable 'num' of structure bio_st

Narayana, Sunil Kumar sanarayana at rbbn.com
Fri Nov 20 13:46:00 UTC 2020

Hi ,
                We are porting our Application from  openssl 1.0.1 to openssl 3.0. In related to this activity we require to access the variable 'num' of structure bio_st.
In older versions the variable was accessed to set and get value using pointer operator (bi->num ).
Since this is not allowed in 3.0 we are looking for the Get/Set utilities similar to other member (BIO_set_flags/ BIO_get_flags)

Is this not supported in 3.0 ? If yes, Please guide the proper alternatives.

Regards,
Sunil

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. that
is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient.  Any review, disclosure, reliance or
distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.