Testing

Richard Levitte levitte at openssl.org
Thu Sep 3 09:16:13 UTC 2020

For a rogue test message?

However, a quick search through the mail log shows that indeed, there
are messages coming from random Amazon AWS hosts that are...  "interesting"
I smirk a bit when I see this in our mail logs:

    Sep  2 10:36:06 mta postfix/smtpd[1091]: warning: non-SMTP command from ec2-184-72-79-140.compute-1.amazonaws.com[184.72.79.140]: GET / HTTP/1.1

As for blocking, we rely quite a bit on available spam-hauses, such as
zen.spamhaus.org, and they do catch the occasional individual Amazon
AWS machine (seen in our logs), so it seems that they do get reports
on misbehaving machinery.

Apart from hightened emotions (I understand them, believe you me), are
there tangible reasons for applying the kind of arbitrary
sledge-hammer that you propose?
I would rather not, unless I really must.

Cheers,
Richard

Richard Levitte         levitte at openssl.org