Help with i2d_CMS_bio_stream from OpenSSL 1.0 to OpenSSL 1.1.1j

Fabio fabpet at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 08:53:16 UTC 2021

Hi all,
I have a problem upgrading my code from openssl 1.0 to the last 1.1.1j.
Using an older version, I exported the CMS code in order to extend and
modify some calculations. I used i2d_CMS_bio_stream to convert the struct
to DER.

Using OpenSSL 1.1.1j  i had to change all the DECLARE_STACK_OF in
DEFINE_STACK_OF but now, i2d_CMS_bio_stream produces a broken DER. In
particular when in the code i add a stack to the structure and push some
struct into the stack,  i2d_CMS_bio_stream does not write correctly the
SEQUENCE (instead i get some 0x06 0x82 0x30 0x82)...

What should i do to fix this?
Thanks.

FP