Help with i2d_CMS_bio_stream from OpenSSL 1.0 to OpenSSL 1.1.1j

Floodeenjr, Thomas thomas_floodeenjr at mentor.com
Tue Apr 13 12:38:45 UTC 2021

Hello,

Are there any clues for you here?

https://wiki.tizen.org/Security/Tizen_5.X_Migration_from_OpenSSL_1.0.2_to_OpenSSL_1.1.1_guide

-Tom

From: openssl-users <openssl-users-bounces at openssl.org> On Behalf Of Fabio
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 12:59 AM
To: openssl-users at openssl.org
Subject: Re: Help with i2d_CMS_bio_stream from OpenSSL 1.0 to OpenSSL 1.1.1j

Hi,
no one have some hints?

Il giorno gio 8 apr 2021 alle ore 10:53 Fabio <fabpet at gmail.com<mailto:fabpet at gmail.com>> ha scritto:
Hi all,
I have a problem upgrading my code from openssl 1.0 to the last 1.1.1j.
Using an older version, I exported the CMS code in order to extend and modify some calculations. I used i2d_CMS_bio_stream to convert the struct to DER.

Using OpenSSL 1.1.1j  i had to change all the DECLARE_STACK_OF in DEFINE_STACK_OF but now, i2d_CMS_bio_stream produces a broken DER. In particular when in the code i add a stack to the structure and push some struct into the stack,  i2d_CMS_bio_stream does not write correctly the SEQUENCE (instead i get some 0x06 0x82 0x30 0x82)...

What should i do to fix this?
Thanks.

FP