OpenSSL 3.x binaries naming convention (on Windows)

Olivier Mascia om at integral.be
Mon Aug 2 12:29:33 UTC 2021

[This is a partial repost from another topic]

I have a question, regarding Windows binaries.

(We build our own for x86/amd64 using the documented procedure, the compilers installed are Visual Studio 2019, with latest updates).

I take it (might be wrong, because the build scripts are complex to me) that the naming convention of binaries for OpenSSL 3 on Windows platform is like this:

	libcrypto-3.dll (and libssl-3.dll)		for the 32 bits (release) builds
	libcrypto-3-x64.dll (and libssl-3-x64.dll)	for the 64 bits (release) builds

Is this naming convention intended to be stable over the 3.x life?  Or would it change for things like libcrypto-3.1.dll (or the like) with releases like 3.1.x?

__
Best Regards, Meilleures salutations, Met vriendelijke groeten, Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Olivier Mascia