Re: Consultation:Additional “ephemeral public key” and “ephemeral private key" implementations for quictls/opens

Kris Kwiatkowski kris at amongbytes.com
Sun Aug 29 20:31:00 UTC 2021

Hi Nobuo,

I'm afraid a bit more details are needed. Not sure,
what you mean by "enabling ephemeral key for SSL/TLS".
For example, TLSv1.3 uses only key exchanges that offer
forward secrecy, so one way to "enable ephemeral" is
to use this new version of TLS protocol.

If you wish see an example of such integration, then
open-quantum-safe project [1] is maybe one place to look at.
Those guys have integrated post-quantum key exchanges
(ephemeral) into openssl. Lot's of good examples there.
The OpenSSLNTRU [2] does similar thing and maybe is simpler
to understand.

Kind regards,
Kris

[1] https://github.com/open-quantum-safe/openssl