Enumerating TLS protocol versions and ciphers supported by the peer

Dr. Matthias St. Pierre Matthias.St.Pierre at ncp-e.com
Mon Dec 6 14:52:30 UTC 2021

> "Comparable elegant" is underspecified.

(I guess, "Comparably elegant" would have been grammatically more correct.)

> Perhaps try testssl.sh (https://testssl.sh/)? It has various options for reducing the number and types of tests it runs. We've used it for
> profiling internal TLS-enabled servers.

My question was mainly for educational purpose (since the 'nmap' tool already satisfies my needs), but I wanted to know whether the openssl tool
can do same thing with a comparable effort. By this I mean a simple shell one-liner (or failing that just a few lines of shell script) utilizing `openssl s_client`.
Thanks for the weblink nevertheless.

Matthias