Question About OpenSSL 3.0, FIPS and Solaris Support

Dr Paul Dale pauli at openssl.org
Wed Dec 8 01:11:52 UTC 2021

The "unadopted" category is not the same as "unsupported".  We'll make
an effort but if access to a physical machine is required, we will have
to stop.  Whoever reports a problem will like have to assist with fixing
it.  Be that by doing builds or writing code.

The platform policy page categories are defined but the OpenSSL
project's access to hardware.  We do not have access to Solaris boxes
and no community member has offered to help either with support or
provision of hardware.  This is why it is in the "unadopted" category.

Oracle, as one of the FIPS project sponsors, was entitled to having
platforms validated.

Pauli