Contract of d2i_SSL_SESSION ?

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Thu Dec 16 11:48:56 UTC 2021

On 16/12/2021 11:42, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> So, a resume on the client side linking up against the existing server
> side.

What you are describing is not a resumption. A TLS resumption has a
specific meaning. It involves both a client and a server creating a new
connection based on an abbreviated handshake using parameters from a
previous handshake.

> This is strictly about being able to reuse an existing TLS connection,
> because if I disable caching of connections using TLS everything is
> working - but not much of a connection pool then.

So, you are trying to transfer an existing connection from one process
to another. This is not supported by OpenSSL.