Edwards and public key validation

john.hughes at secid.co.uk john.hughes at secid.co.uk
Sat Feb 20 12:44:00 UTC 2021

I want to implement a function that validates a public key produced by
either ed25519 or ed448 - according to the tests in NIST SP 800-186 appendix
D.1.3

There doesn't appear to be any helper functions to assist in this - at least
for Edwards curves.

I have implemented something for Weierstrass curves - and have used helper
functions to obtain the curve/group, domain parameters,
EC_POINT_is_at_infinity()  etc etc - but nothing for Edwards.

All I can see is EVCP_PKEY_new_raw_public_key() and
EVCP_PKEY_get_raw_public_key() - and that does really help in what I'm
trying to do.

John