Random and rare Seg faults at openssl library level

Kenneth Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Fri Jan 8 13:29:52 UTC 2021

From:	Gimhani Uthpala <gimhanieuthpala at gmail.com>
To:	Ken Goldman <kgoldman at us.ibm.com>
Cc:	openssl-users at openssl.org
Date:	01/07/2021 05:53 PM
Subject:	[EXTERNAL] Re: Random and rare Seg faults at openssl library
            level

I only have this 1.0.2.k-fips one version installed in both compiling and
running machines. However, I am compiling the application in RH7.4 and
running in RH7.8 linking to openssl library dynamically. I assume no issue
with that as I am using the same version of openssl in both.

You are having a problem, and that is a typical cause.  Try compiling and
running on the exact same OS.

If you installed openssl yourself, not using the RHEL yum installer, I
would expect random and rare issues.