Compilation error using OpenSSL 1.1.1i

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Thu Jul 1 17:21:15 UTC 2021

[I don't think I've seen a reply to this. If it's already been answered, my apologies for the noise.]

With OpenSSL build questions, please always supply the Configure command line.

Offhand, it looks like your compiler doesn't recognize __inline__ as a decoration on a function declaration, and the pp-token "ossl_inline" is defined to expand to "__inline__".

Without digging through the configuration mechanism I can't say exactly how ossl_inline is defined, but presumably it's set by configuration based on what C implementation it believes you're using. So you may be using the wrong Configure target, or that target may assume a different C compiler, or a newer version of it.

--
Michael Wojcik