RSA_set0_key() equivalent for 3.0.0

Ken Goldman kgoldman at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 14 14:27:04 UTC 2021

On 7/13/2021 5:14 PM, William Roberts wrote:
> Outside of the migration guide others have pointed out, I think the functions you need are:
>
> https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/EVP_PKEY_set1_RSA.html <https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man3/EVP_PKEY_set1_RSA.html>
>
> Use use EVP level now as pointed out in the guide.

Perhaps I'm reading it incorrectly, but I think that API is
deprecated.

1 - When I read the SYNOPSIS, there are a few APIs, then a
"deprecated since OpenSSL 3.0" separator, and then more APIs.

I thought that APIs below the separator are deprecated.
Is that wrong?

2 - In evp.h, there is this:

OSSL_DEPRECATEDIN_3_0
int EVP_PKEY_set1_RSA(EVP_PKEY *pkey, struct rsa_st *key);

I interpreted that to mean it's deprecated.

Is that wrong?

3 - When I try to use it, I get:

warning: 'EVP_PKEY_set1_RSA' is deprecated (declared at openssl/include/openssl/evp.h:1344)

Seems deprecated.