OpenSSL version 3.0.0-beta1 published

Steffen Nurpmeso steffen at sdaoden.eu
Thu Jun 17 15:12:09 UTC 2021

Matt Caswell wrote in
 <33db69e0-0f9b-c559-43f7-e5a2f85a48dd at openssl.org>:
 |On 17/06/2021 15:43, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |> Fyi, i have $PERL5OPT=-C permanently in my environment, in
 |> conjunction with LC_ALL=en_US.utf8 this results in the build error
 |> as below.  Prefixing LC_ALL=C fixes this.
 |
 |Thanks. I submitted this as an issue on github here:
 |
 |https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/15805

Thank you very much.  Yes, sorry, i have no account.

P.S.: my perl knowledge has become rusty, and even many years ago
i needed help on IRC to learn that binmode STDOUT even applies to
command line arguments of started programs!  (Thanks in public
again to the forgotten name on perl IRC on 2013-05-06, i could not
have solved that, yet need to start child programs with UTF-8ified
command line arguments.)

P.P.S.: Tomáš Mráz: aren't you part of PAM project too?  Off-topic
here, but i had written a somewhat primitive yet i think nicely working

  pam_xdg.so is a PAM module that manages creation of the
  XDG_RUNTIME_DIR directory, as well as injection of environment
  variables denoting all directories specified by the XDG Base
  Directory Specification:
         https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-
         latest.html
  into user sessions.

yet the mailing-list is hosted by RedHat, and somehow i could not
subscribe to _that_ screen, maybe script related, i do not know.
Just in case of interest [1-3].  ISC license, but you could have
it Public Domain if you want.

  [1] https://git.sdaoden.eu/browse?p=s-toolbox.git;a=blob;f=pam_xdg.c;hb=master
  [2] https://git.sdaoden.eu/browse?p=s-toolbox.git;a=blob;f=pam_xdg.8;hb=master

  [3] https://git.sdaoden.eu/browse?p=s-toolbox.git;a=blob;f=pam_xdg.makefile;hb=master