Not getting some macros for FIPS

Tomas Mraz tomas at openssl.org
Wed Jun 23 08:51:05 UTC 2021

On Wed, 2021-06-23 at 08:12 +0000, Kumar Mishra, Sanjeev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am upgrading the code of OpenSSL 1.0 to 3.0. I am not getting some
> macros for FIPS example -
>
> FIPS_TEST_INTEGRITY
> FIPS_R_PAIRWISE_TEST_FAILED
> FIPS_R_DRBG_STUCK etc.

It is unclear what you're doing with those macros. They had not much
use outside of the old FIPS module source. The OpenSSL 3.0 uses a
completely different concept to implement a FIPS module - that is the
FIPS provider.

Have you read
https://www.openssl.org/docs/manmaster/man7/migration_guide.html ?

> Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain
> information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is
> confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended
> recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others
> or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If
> you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender
> immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.

It's a little bit strange to send e-mails with such notices to public
mailing lists where the intented recipient is _anyone_.

--
Tomáš Mráz
                                              Turkish proverb