Query on engine support in OpenSSL 1.0.2h

Jayalakshmi bhat bhat.jayalakshmi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 07:25:59 UTC 2021

Hi All,

We currently use OpenSSL 1.0.2h, we are in the process of upgrading to
OpenSSL 1.1.1. To address some legacy functionalities we are planning to
write engines for OpenSSL 1.0.2h offload crypto operation to external
components.

We have few queries regarding the same

   1. Can we offload all crypto operations (Digest, Encryption/decryption,
   RSA, ECDSA, DRBG etc) using Engines in OpenSSL 1.0.2h
   2. If not, is it must to upgrade to OpenSSL 1.1.1 to achieve the same?

Regards,
Jayalakshmi