Client certificate authentication

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Mar 11 17:39:14 UTC 2021

> On Mar 11, 2021, at 2:16 PM, Robert Ionescu <hightronicdesign at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I am searching for the functions in openssl used to verify the clients
> certificate when using mutual authentication.

The same code verifies peer certificate chains, whether client or server.

> My intention is to find a way to log a wrong user certificate directly inside
> the openssl source.

What does "wrong" mean?  OpenSSL is a library, it has no business making
decisions like writing log entries, that's an application prerogative, and
any logging of diagnostic or audit trail events should in application code,
not in OpenSSL library code.

--
	Viktor.