Load and unload of engines at runtime

Dr Paul Dale pauli at openssl.org
Sat May 1 07:22:12 UTC 2021

Why would you believe that ENGINE_register / ENGINE_unregister are the
calls to load/unload an engine?  These calls are for _after_ the engine
has been loaded:

    /*- Manage registration of ENGINEs per "table". For each type, there
    are 3
      * functions;
      *   ENGINE_register_***(e) - registers the implementation from 'e'
    (if it has one)
      *   ENGINE_unregister_***(e) - unregister the implementation from 'e'
      *   ENGINE_register_all_***() - call ENGINE_register_***() for
    each 'e' in the list
      * Cleanup is automatically registered from each table when required.
      */

Might I suggest reading the manual pages?  Start with ENGINE_add().

Pauli

BTW: waiting less than a day for a response is a bit impulsive. Most of
the people who respond here are volunteers.