How to switch between OpenSSL 1.0.2 and 1.1 in compilation loading and linking a C code.

Floodeenjr, Thomas thomas_floodeenjr at mentor.com
Thu May 6 13:56:03 UTC 2021

You may need to rename the libraries on your system or use LD_PRELOAD when launching your application.

Another option is to specify the full path to the specific libraries you want when you link with, instead of the -l<library_name>.

For example:
gcc -I /sonus/p4/ws/shared/cmn_thirdparty.main/openssl/distrib/include -L /sonus/p4/ws/shared/cmn_thirdparty.main/bldtools/toolchain/current/sonus/lib/ <PATH_TO>/libssl.so.1.0.2 <PATH_TO>/libcrypto.so.1.0.2 cpxmain1.c -o cpxmain1

-Tom