Secure Heap Usage for EC private key

Barry Fussell (bfussell) bfussell at cisco.com
Fri May 21 14:07:44 UTC 2021

Long shot if someone may know.  Secure heap was added long ago for private keys for
RSA, DSA and DH however EC key generation does not seem to be included.
I see some other EC functions that use secure heap and I also noticed that the CHANGES
file stated: "Add secure heap for storage of private keys (when possible)." which leads
me to believe there was something about EC key generation that prohibited using
secure heap. Any background on the reason for the EC omission ?

Thanks,

Barry