Why can't we get a proper installation method to keep OpenSSL at the latest revision for Linux?

Michael McKenney mike.mckenney at scsiraidguru.com
Mon May 31 11:01:35 UTC 2021

My wordpress servers are under constant attack.  My Fortinet 60E firewall logs are filled.  Openssl is constantly reported on The Hacker News and other sites.   So I don't need to worry about upgrading OpenSSL in the future to 1.1.1k or above?   I can just use what the distro has to offer by apt?  Ubuntu 20.04 started with 1.1.1f.    My Kali server is mainly used for Try Hack Me challenges and learn cyber security.