error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown

Kjeld Flarup Christensen kfa at deif.com
Mon Nov 1 13:09:56 UTC 2021

Hello

I get my log spammed with this alert:

sslize error: error:14094416:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate unknown

As far as I can read from the net, it is because the CA certificates on my server is not up to date.
Actually there is none, as this is an embedded target, and it should ignore that kind of errors.

It works with ssl, but how do I get rid of this message. What options should be set?

I just opdated to libssl 1.1.1k, and is using civetweb as server.

Regards
Kjeld Flarup
DEIF R&D - Platform Software