Questions about code and performance of OpenSSL on Windows 10 64 bit Home edition.
poweruserm at live.com.au
Sat Nov 20 01:09:39 UTC 2021
Your encryption kit is fantastic. I have been using it to build self-signed web certificates
and email certificates. I have also been using it to encrypt and decrypt messages,
all via RSA, ad aes-256. I am running OpenSSL using 64 bit Windows 10, which is different
to Linux, a little bit, since I don't have the option in Windows to pipe commands together.
-I can do error checks on rsa private keys.
openssl rsa -check -in private.key -noout
1. How can I do something parallel to this, to do an error check on a public key, so
that it also replies with a command line message saying whether a public
key is alright, or not? Or similarly, if I have an rsa private/public key pair,
in two different files, what openssl command can I run to
verify if these two keys match one another, accurately?
1. If I have a private key and a .crt web certificate, what openssl command
can I run to verify if these two files continue to match?
1. If I have a Thunderbird Email certificate, in pkcs12 format, how can I run
2. openssl to verify that with the .crt certificate that came before it?
4. And how can I verify between the pkcs12 email certificate and the original private key?
5. If I can do that, depending on the answer to 3) ?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the openssl-users