Store Mgmt and keys loading ( keyform ENG )

Antonio Santagiuliana santantonioswap at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 08:22:34 UTC 2021

Thank you for the suggestion.
I am using providers though, not engine, and I can't see the higher level
checking this RSA flags before it has detected a valid key is passed back
from the store manager to ossl_store_handle_load_result() ( the callback
passed to the store mgmt load() method).
If I don't call the callback ossl_store_handle_load_result the higher level
after the store mgmt load() complains no private key can be read.
If I pass back an RSA key generated on the fly in the store mgmt load()
then the ossl_store_handle_load_result() is fine using the RSA key mgmt
load finds error in checking RSA flags , I think these flags are not set
but I don't know how to set them in the fictitious private key I generated
on the fly in the store mgmt load() with
    EVP_PKEY *pkey = NULL;
    pkey = EVP_RSA_gen(2048);
This produces a valid pkey without errors but I think the rsa fields are
not filled in.How can I add them to pkey ?
I think I should register a different keymgmt on my provider but I am not
sure what it should do in my case.
So , for now, the RSA keymgmt is called and in its load() function
( rsa_load() ) at some point it wants to check RSA_check_flags() and there
it stops as the rsa struct fileds referenced are not filled in.