client authentication status

Zeke Evans Zeke.Evans at microfocus.com
Wed Sep 1 15:36:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

Is there any way to check the status of client authentication sent in a TLS 1.3 handshake after SSL_connect returns?  With TLS 1.2 SSL_connect seems to always capture the status and return an error code if it failed but not TLS 1.3.  I haven't been able to find a good way to do this after SSL_connect returns.  I have to handle blocking and non-blocking sockets so calling SSL_read or SSL_peek isn't an option since those could block.  If client authentication happened to fail then calling those methods would work because they will return an error but if it didn't fail then they could block.

Thanks,
Zeke Evans