RSA provider use example

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Fri Sep 24 11:19:48 UTC 2021

On 24/09/2021 11:55, Antonio Santagiuliana wrote:
> Hello
> Is there any app or command in the current Openssl master repository
> that initialises and uses the new RSA provider?
> I would like to see how the RSA* context parameter is filled in and
> used, but I can't find an example using the RSA provider.

There is no such thing as an "RSA provider". Probably what you mean to
ask is there such an example of using RSA with the default provider.

There is a demo of using RSA to encrypt/decrypt that is about the be
added to the repo in this PR:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/16283

There are some examples of RSA key generation, as well as descriptions
of all the various RSA params that are available on this man page:

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.0/man7/RSA.html

There is an example of doing signature/verification here:

https://github.com/openssl/openssl/blob/master/demos/signature/EVP_Signature_demo.c

This last one isn't RSA specific. It's actually using EC - but most of
the code (with the exception of the "get_key" function) would be
identical for RSA.