RSA provider use example

Antonio Santagiuliana santantonioswap at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 13:49:23 UTC 2021

Hello , thank you all for the replies. Very useful.
I have seen in Openssl/crypto/RSA/rsa_local.h the definition of rsa_st has
a pointer to RSA_METHOD and I can't see this filled in in any of the
examples' set up or initializations, where is it filled in for the default
provider , for the RSA algorithm?
I can see the methods pointers are used later down in the call chain from
RSA_private_decrypt() in providers/implementation/asymciphers/rsa_enc but I
can't find where these methods' pointers are set and I would like to
understand how I could pass a different method pointer in the parameters
for a different mod_exp operation , for example, or how I could set it on a
completely new RSA implementation mimicking the one in the default provider
but with different methods where I need them changed, minimizing the
differences with the default provider's RSA.
Thank you