openssl(1) 3.0 crash

Viktor Dukhovni openssl-users at dukhovni.org
Thu Sep 30 13:58:50 UTC 2021

On Thu, Sep 30, 2021 at 02:48:39PM +0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:

> Thanks for fixing this so fast.

>  |You should open an issue on Github.  The immediate cause is:
>
> I finally (re)created a github account to cause less burden the next
> trivial time.  But i do not understand a jingle word of what you both
> talk about in the issues you referenced.

No worries,  It appears that in posts upthread I misunderstood the
intent of the new code in 3.0.0.  The "openssl { <dgst> | <cipher> }"
commands are not after all deprecated in 3.0.0, it was just that the
pointer to their deprecation status was not initialised to NULL.

So the fix is a one-liner to zero out the structure `f`, ensuring
a NULL deprecation status.

--
    Viktor