I am experimenting

b1bb2 at b1bb2.com b1bb2 at b1bb2.com
Sat Aug 20 06:17:56 UTC 2022

To: openssl-users at openssl.org
I am experimenting with
https://github.com/openssl/openssl/archive/refs/heads/master.zip openssl
3.1.0 Source Distribution archive, I built it into a local virtual
machine environment (folder). System is debian 11.3 (Bullseye), Local
Personal Computer.

This code works:
ls
/home/bullseye/test0818/openssl/3.1.0/plain/openssl-master/libssl.so.3
ls
/home/bullseye/test0818/openssl/3.1.0/plain/openssl-master/apps/openssl

This code gives error:
/home/bullseye/test0818/openssl/3.1.0/plain/openssl-master/apps/openssl
version
error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.3: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I am trying to learn (or more precisley just trying to get it working
without errors) so please excuse my ignorance that may be apparent in
this paragraph. My research on internet shows that error is common and
is caused by diffrent systems having diffrent libraries or paths to
library. So a solution is to define the correct library and correct path
to it. But this is suposed to be a local virtual machine environment,
Can I put the correct library into the local virtual machine (folder) so
the software will not search for it throughout the global system? Or is
there a general (all system) fix for this? Another problem is Python
3.10.6 requires a OpenSSL 1.1.1 or newer. Can I link my Python virtual
machine to the openssl virtual machine? Your comments are appreciated.