EVP_PKEY_get_int_param is not getting degree from EC key

Blumenthal, Uri - 0553 - MITLL uri at ll.mit.edu
Wed Jan 5 23:41:13 UTC 2022

The problem that I see is that there's a set of parameters (such as OSSL_PKEY_PARAM_EC_COFACTOR), not described in the man pages, with under-specified type.
E.g., how is one to know where's "normal" ~~sloppiness~~ imperfection in writing, and where "unsigned integer" truly means 'NOT C type "unsigned int"', especially since it's all in a C API description (so one tends to expect C types, unless CLEARLY stated otherwise)?

Beneficial - would be a man page that lists these parameters, their types, and the appropriate method for retrieving them (e.g., EVP_PKEY_get_int_param() or EVP_PKEY_get_bn_param()).

I support specifying the type in the comments as "unsigned BIGNUM" over "just adding a note".
--
Regards,
Uri

There are two ways to design a system. One is to make it so simple there are obviously no deficiencies.
The other is to make it so complex there are no obvious deficiencies.
                                                                                                                                     -  C. A. R. Hoare