OpenSSL 3 TLS cipher pipelining support with providers

Ramkumar Balu rbalu at marvell.com
Fri Jan 7 12:49:06 UTC 2022

Greetings,

Is there any specific reason why pipelining is not supported with providers?
I can see below code in ssl/record/ssl3_record.c

        if (provided) {
            int outlen;

            /* Provided cipher - we do not support pipelining on this path */
            if (n_recs > 1)  {
                SSLfatal(s, SSL_AD_INTERNAL_ERROR, ERR_R_INTERNAL_ERROR);
                return 0;
            }

As a provider author, I'm trying to figure out a way to support pipelining in the implementation. Is there a future plan to add pipeline support in provider framework?

Thanks,
Ramkumar Balu