Help with TLS call on openssl3

Srinivas, Saketh (c) ssrinivas at rbbn.com
Mon Jan 24 12:58:14 UTC 2022

HI,

I am using Openssl3. while Run a TLS call, call connected successfully, but at the end of the call i got the error message:

SSL3 alert write:fatal:decode error
 SSL error (a000126): unexpected eof while reading
 ERROR on SSL_read err=1 flag=0
 Initiating SSL shutdown

I think some issue while disconnecting the session. When i tried with openssl1 it did not throw the error. I am testing with sipp.

IN wireshark i can see sipp sending TCP-FIN-ACK and openssl3 responded with TCP-PSH-ACK.
Whereas in the openssl1 case it responded with a tcp message "encrypted alert" .

I think some issue with closing TLS connection in openssl3.

Can someone help me understand why?

thanks,
Saketh.

Notice: This e-mail together with any attachments may contain information of Ribbon Communications Inc. and its Affiliates that is confidential and/or proprietary for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, disclosure, reliance or distribution by others or forwarding without express permission is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then delete all copies, including any attachments.