Question about examples in openssl doc X509_STORE_CTX_verify_cb

Edward Tsang etsang at splunk.com
Mon Mar 14 18:25:51 UTC 2022

link:
https://www.openssl.org/docs/man1.1.1/man3/X509_STORE_CTX_verify_cb.html

I am trying to figure out how this example works but it does not seem to
bypass the (use the second example of  X509_V_ERR_CERT_HAS_EXPIRED)

However the caller code ll
long res = SSL_get_verify_result( sslCtx ); still reports res NOT as
X509_V_OK, which it should be oper the example since it is returning as 1.

I don't think I need to use X509_STORE_CTX_set_error(ctx, X509_V_OK);
before return 1 in the X509_STORE_CTX_verify_cb example.
Or am I missing something?
Thanjs