[openssl/openssl] bio_dgram vs IPv6

Michael Richardson mcr at sandelman.ca
Sat Mar 19 13:28:50 UTC 2022

I'm working on dealing with Matt's detailed review.
This issue seems bigger than the github issue.
     https://github.com/openssl/openssl/pull/5257

about: #include <netinet/ip6.h>

matt> This remains an issue. It's unclear to me whether all of these headers will
matt> be available on all platforms. At least in some files we wrap some of these
matt> in an "ifdef OPENSSL_SYS_UNIX". We have, as yet, never used netinet/ip6.h -
matt> so I am concerned it may not be universally available on all the platforms
matt> that we might need to support.

These would platforms that are not in the CI.
I agree that IPv6 not be present.

I could put all the IPv6 code behind some #ifndef IPV6_MISSING
which would presently be never defined, but could be added later to
./Configure if/when we figure out where it's a problem.

Matt Caswell <notifications at github.com> wrote:
    > Nit; We insert an extra space when enclosed within a "#if", i.e.

I assume that this applies recursively?
I think that in some cases the indent could be quite deep.
I wonder if there an emacs mode that does this....
I browsed the man page for indent(1), but I didn't find an option for this
year, but I'll look again closer.