[openssl/openssl] bio_dgram vs IPv6

Michael Wojcik Michael.Wojcik at microfocus.com
Mon Mar 21 13:36:49 UTC 2022

netinet/ip6.h is for the "Advanced API for IPv6", detailed in RFC 3542. It's typically used for raw-socket access to IPv6, for things like traceroute and hop-by-hop.

The RFC specifically mentions using this API to retrieve and set addresses, so it seems like a fix for issue 5257 does need to use it, if that's to be done in a portable way.

3542 is only Informational, but I'd expect most or all platforms with IPv6 support to conform to it.

--
Michael Wojcik