CVE-2022-3602 and CVE-2022-3786 Critical OpenSSL 3.0.x security vulnerabilities

Jochen Bern Jochen.Bern at binect.de
Wed Nov 2 10:39:34 UTC 2022

On 02.11.22 07:48, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> I have 2 internet-facing CentOS 7.9 Linux servers in Europe.
> Are the patches available already? How do I patch OpenSSL on my CentOS 7.9
> Linux servers?

CentOS 7 does not come with 3.0 versions of OpenSSL. (Not even available
from oft-used repos like EPEL, if I understand correctly, unlike with
CentOS 8.)

https://github.com/NCSC-NL/OpenSSL-2022/blob/main/software/README.md

https://pkgs.org/search/?q=openssl

If you installed it some other way, that "other way" would define how to
install updates ... or cleanly uninstall it so as to install a current
version from a different source.

Kind regards,
--
Jochen Bern