an oldie but a goodie .. ISO C90 does not support 'long long'

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Wed Nov 2 15:52:58 UTC 2022

On 11/2/22 07:30, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> No, long long and unsigned long long is required and it was required
> for quite some time. The code is mostly C90 but not strictly.
>
> I suppose on platforms with 64bit long type we could make it work
> without long long though. Pull requests are welcome.
>
> Tomas Mraz, OpenSSL

     So fix it?

     Feels like we are just going around and around in circles here :

Strict C90 CFLAGS results in sha.h:91 ISO C90 does not support long long
     https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/10547

OPENSSL_strnlen SIGSEGV in o_str.c line 76
     https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/8048

     So the code is *mostly* C90 but not really. Got it.
     Certainly worth looking at.

--
Dennis Clarke
RISC-V/SPARC/PPC/ARM/CISC