How to upgrade openssl from 3.0.2 to 3.0.7

Shawn Heisey openssl at elyograg.org
Thu Nov 3 19:56:29 UTC 2022

On 11/2/22 23:08, Anupam Dutta via openssl-users wrote:
> I want to upgrade the openssl version from 3.0.2 to 3.0.7. My OS
> version is Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish). Please help .It is urgent

Ubuntu has already dealt with the new vulnerabilities.  If you do the
normal package upgrade procedure that you should already be doing
frequently, that will fix the vulnerability in version 3.0.2-0ubuntu1.7.

https://ubuntu.com/security/notices/USN-5710-1

If you want to see what version your Ubuntu machine has (or any distro
that derives from Debian), do this command (as any user, sudo is not
required):

dpkg -l | grep libssl

These commands should pick up that openssl fix as well as any other updates:

sudo apt -y update
sudo apt -y upgrade

Thanks,
Shawn