Not able to retreive session ticket both at server and client level

Sethuraman Venugopal Sethuraman.Venugopal at genesys.com
Tue Nov 8 06:09:12 UTC 2022

Dear Team,

Problem Statement : The session is resumable, but still the session does not have any tickets after calling SL_CTX_sess_set_new_cb() and SSL_new_session_ticket()

This is the method TLS_server_method and TLS_client_method we are using at server and client level respectively.

Please guide me in getting the session ticket at server and client level.

Code snippet and the output at server side

printf("\n The session resumable is : [%d]", SSL_SESSION_is_resumable(SSL_get_session(ssl)));
Output : The session resumable is : [1]
// set an call back function at session to be triggered during sending ticket to client
SL_CTX_sess_set_new_cb(ctx, new_session_cb);
printf("\nThe new session ticket : [%d]",SSL_new_session_ticket(ssl));
Output : The new session ticket : [1]
printf("\nThe session has ticket [%d]",SSL_SESSION_has_ticket(SSL_get0_session(ssl)));
Output : The session has ticket [0]

// Able to set the ticket appdata at server and able to retrevie the value at server level but not at client level
SSL_SESSION_set1_ticket_appdata(SSL_get_session(ssl), m_ServerChallenge, 32);
unsigned char         m_ServerChallenge1[32];
unsigned int sid_ctx_len1 = 0;
SSL_SESSION_get0_ticket_appdata(SSL_get_session(ssl),m_ServerChallenge1, &sid_ctx_len1);
// Able to print the above value at server side,but not able to get the same at client side.

Regards,
Sethu V