Need help on OpenSSL windows build errors

Matt Caswell matt at openssl.org
Mon Oct 17 13:27:05 UTC 2022

On 17/10/2022 13:10, Ashok Kumar Sarode via openssl-users wrote:

> NOTE: I have re-named file openssl\*configuration.h.in* to
> openssl\*configuration.h*
> Likewise i re-named err.h, ssl.h, opensslv.h, crypto.h

Don't do that. That is almost certainly the cause of these errors. The
".h.in" files are *not* header files ready for use. They are templates
from which we generate the real header files.

You need to build OpenSSL first before you can use the headers. Refer to
the INSTALL.md file for instructions. Alternatively you can just
download a pre built version from a third party distributor. See:

https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries