Resources and reading materials for installing Godaddy Wildcard SSL certificate in Fortigate firewall

Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming tdtemccnp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:19:54 UTC 2022

Subject: Resources and reading materials for installing Godaddy Wildcard
SSL certificate in Fortigate firewall

Good day from Singapore,

The following is a list of reference guides which I have read.

[1] Fortigate firewall: Purchase and import a signed SSL certificate

Link:
https://docs.fortinet.com/document/fortigate/6.2.3/cookbook/825073/purchase-and-import-a-signed-ssl-certificate

[2] WHAT IS A SAN (SUBJECT ALTERNATIVE NAME) AND HOW IS IT USED?

Link: https://www.entrust.com/blog/2019/03/what-is-a-san-and-how-is-it-used/

[3] FortiGate Users: How to Install a Wildcard SSL Certificate

Link:
https://cheapsslsecurity.com/p/fortigate-users-how-to-install-a-wildcard-ssl-certificate/

[4] Export Certificates and Private Key from a PKCS#12 File with OpenSSL

Link:
https://www.ssl.com/how-to/export-certificates-private-key-from-pkcs12-file-with-openssl/

[5] 4 Simple Steps to Install a Fortigate SSL Certificate

Link:
https://comodosslstore.com/resources/steps-to-install-a-fortigate-ssl-certificate/

[6] OpenSSL Binaries

Link: https://wiki.openssl.org/index.php/Binaries

[7] Manually Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR) Using OpenSSL

Link:
https://www.ssl.com/how-to/manually-generate-a-certificate-signing-request-csr-using-openssl/

[8] FireDaemon OpenSSL 3.0 and 1.1.1 Binary Distributions for Microsoft
Windows

Link: https://kb.firedaemon.com/support/solutions/articles/4000121705

[9] CSR Decoder

Link: https://www.sslshopper.com/csr-decoder.html

As a result of studying the above reference guides, I have successfully
installed Godaddy Wildcard SSL certificate (2 years) in Fortigate 201F
firewall for an investment company in Keppel Road, Singapore on 20 Oct 2022
Thursday between 10.30 AM and 4.00 PM Singapore Time.

Regards,

Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming
Targeted Individual in Singapore
Blogs: