Setting a group to an existing EVP_PKEY in OpenSSL 3

Kory Hamzeh kory at avatarci.com
Mon Oct 24 23:21:45 UTC 2022

I haven’t done exactly what you are trying, but something similar.

 See EVP_PKEY_set_params:

https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.0/man3/EVP_PKEY_set_params.html <https://www.openssl.org/docs/man3.0/man3/EVP_PKEY_set_params.html>

The specific parm to set the group could be set like this:

 OSSL_PARAM_BLD_push_utf8_string(param_bld, "group",
                                            curve, 0;

Please note that that I have not tested the above code as my code uses key-from-data. But I think it should work.